Extreme Makeover: High Tech Edition Update
Momentum continues to build for MISD’s Extreme Makeover: High Tech Edition at Phase I campuses! We are very excited about these latest developments and hope that you will be, too.
- Approval to purchase equipment for the project was approved at the April 27 MISD Board of Trustees meeting.
- Preliminary walk-throughs to identify the optimal focal point for projection equipment have been completed at all Phase I campuses. These decisions have been made based on available electricity and data drops; in some cases, this may require relocation of the teacher’s work area.
- Executive Council members received training on the Interwrite Mobi slate last Thursday and Friday.
- An effort to equip three MISD facilities to serve as training labs for this project is in the final planning stages.
- The first model classroom was installed at Glenn Harmon Elementary. Initial feedback has been very positive. The resolution of the image produced by the projector offers much higher resolution and brightness, even in ambient light, than previous generations of equipment.