Migration Update: All Users have Exchange Accounts
The migration of the District’s email service from Novell GroupWise to Microsoft Exchange is proceeding ahead of schedule. Email is currently flowing into MISD staff members’ new Exchange accounts and their existing GroupWise accounts simultaneously.
The more labor and time intensive components of the migration involve moving existing email in GroupWise accounts into the new Microsoft Exchange email accounts, installing/configuring clients on computers throughout the District needed to access these systems, and making the necessary changes to programs such as IC and eduphoria.
At this point, it’s all proceeding essentially as planned . . . with a few occasional hiccups.
To make the transition easier for our clients, we’ve assembled some of the information that is of greatest interest to our clients:
- To learn more about basic functions in Outlook, the Microsoft Office email client that will replace GroupWise in MISD during the next few weeks, check out the tip sheets that are available within the eduphoria! Help Desk Knowledge Base. (Our license to use these materials requires that they be available through the intranet or a password protected system. By using eduphoria, we can make them available to you at home or school.)
- Your new username will be FirstnameLastname.
- Your new email address will be FirstnameLastname@misdmail.org.
- Your old GroupWise address will remain available to you for at least six months. This means that there is no rush to order new business cards or to change your professional contact information. Your old email address is being incorporated into the new system and will continue to be available during the transition period.
- The upgrade from Novell eDirectory to Microsoft Active Directory will change the way that users log into the network and their desktop computers.
- Only one username and password will be needed to access many applications within the District.Some applications will require that you use all lowercase letters. Your login to the network and email is not case sensitive.
- Please take note of your employee ID number. It will serve as your initial password.
If we can help you in any way, please key in a work order or contact the Help Desk at 817.299.4357. 🙂