Student Computers at Phase III Campuses
The Active Directory migration for teacher and staff computers is substantially complete.
The next step in this process is to update student computers. The most efficient way to accomplish this is by reimaging them. This will allow us to eliminate much of the confusion and many of the problems with printing, mapping drives, and running locally purchased software like the out of date versions of Accelerated Reader that are still in use in MISD.
The good news is that the new student computers in computer labs can be reimaged using a process that a technician can initiate on each computer and leave running overnight until it is complete.
Plans for student computers in classrooms depend on when these computers were deployed.
Plans for Phase III Campuses
- Computer lab computers at Phase III campuses have the “new Microsoft” image. These will not need to be reimaged.
- As repurposed computers return to Phase II and Phase III campuses as part of the repurposing project, they will be loaded with the new image.
- These upgraded computers will be exchanged on a 1:1 basis with any computers in classrooms that were not upgraded.
- Any computers that do not meet minimum specifications will not be updated. They will be salvaged.
- As soon as 2010-2011 budget funds are released on Thursday, this process will begin.
- Software titles owned by individual campuses will have to be reloaded by lab teachers.