I can’t login to Eduphoria or Safari Montage . . . Everything worked on Friday. What’s up?
When your Microsoft password expires, you are locked out of every system that uses it. This includes Eduphoria and Safari Montage.
Passwords expire every 90 days, which is an appropriate policy for an organization of MISD’s size.
- The good news is that when you login to your computer and the email system at school, you receive a series of warning messages that your password is about to expire.
- After a password expires, you also get three grace login attempts before you are locked out.
- The bad news is that you do not get the same warning message when you login outside of the District.
This means that you could leave on a Friday, use your three grace logins over the weekend, and return to school “locked up.”
Here’s what we recommend J
- Change your password every pay day. That way, you’ll never have a password expire.
- If you get a warning about your password expiring, change it right away.
Here’s how to do it:
When you first login to your computer within MISD, select “Change Password.” If you have already logged in, you can get to this screen by holding down the CTRL key and then pressing the ALT and DEL keys. Then, just follow the directions.