As you know, we are beginning to deploy the Threat Management Gateway client to staff members at all campuses.
- Threat Management Gateway is our internet filter.
- The “client” is the small program that allows the filter to distinguish between student and teacher logins on individual computers and apply different rules about what teachers and students can access.
- The client will allow staff members access to YouTube and some other websites that students will not be able to access.
- There are no plans to change settings for Facebook.
- The Network Team continues to expand the list of sites cleared using requests in the work order system.
- The client has been deployed to all high schools first because of the relatively higher volume of requests from those campuses.
- The remainder of the schools will be completed next week.
- The computer requires a reboot for the settings to take effect.
Please contact the Help Desk if you experience difficulties.