MISD Schools Win Big Robotics Grants!
MISD teachers and schools have won grants that will bring new and exciting learning opportunities to many MISD students!
- A group that includes K-4 Technology Applications teachers and an EdTech Trainer won a $10,000 “Think Big” MISD Foundation grant to begin robotics programs at participating campuses.
- MISD secured a $40,000 Smart Schools matching grant from the Blueprints Foundation to pilot after-school robotics programs at participating elementary, intermediate, and high school campuses.
Funds provided by these grants will be used to acquire equipment, materials, and training needed to begin robotics pilot programs at MISD campuses. In alignment with the MISD Strategic Plan, activities may include modules within the K-4 Technology Applications curriculum and/or after-school clubs.
We look forward to posting more information about these programs as they develop!
- MISD STaR Chart Results: Another Reason to be Thankful! (misdtechnotes.wordpress.com)
- Technology-Related MISD Foundation Grants: Reminders and Updates (misdtechnotes.wordpress.com)
- K-4 Tech Apps Teachers Venture into Exciting World of Robotics! (misdtechnotes.wordpress.com)