MISD Passwords Begin to Expire; New Policies Apply to New Passwords
Auditors have recommended that MISD tighten its password policies in order to secure the network more effectively.
Passwords will now expire every 90 days. If you get locked out, you can manage your password using the PeoplePassword link found on the MISD Technology Development Home Page:
This is the list of criteria that passwords must now meet:
- Not contain the user’s account name or parts of the user’s full name that exceed two consecutive characters
- Be at least eight characters in length
- Contain characters from three of the following four categories:
- English uppercase characters (A through Z)
- English lowercase characters (a through z)
- Base 10 digits (0 through 9)
- Non-alphabetic characters (for example, !, $, #, %)
- Complexity requirements are enforced when passwords are changed or created.
- Please call the Help Desk at 4357 with any questions.