The first 500 iPads for high school teachers have been delivered. The project is on schedule!
Here’s an added bonus:
We project that distribution of iPads to high school professional staff members who want to pick them up can begin as early as the second week of July.
Before distributing iPads to high school professional staff members, we need to get several key pieces in place:
- Content filtering through the Lightspeed mobile filtering system. Components for this system are scheduled for delivery on June 14.
- Protective cases, which are expected to be delivered June 16.
- Geotracking through the AirWatch Mobile Device Management (MDM) system. Components for this system are scheduled for delivery June 18.
Once the components for AirWatch and Lightspeed are received, they need to be installed and tested; each device will need to be configured for them, too. This phase may take up to two weeks.
Please continue to monitor this site for updates. We’ll be sharing information about pickup procedures and schedules in one to two weeks.
- First 500 iPads Shipped! (misdtechnotes.wordpress.com)
- Board Approves High School 1:1 iPad Initiative (misdtechnotes.wordpress.com)
- Look for Power Up! Posts about MISD High School 1:1 Initiative; Teacher FAQs (misdtechnotes.wordpress.com)