Freshman Prep Steps! Deployment Schedule Update!
- Friday, August 30 — Lake Ridge High School
- Tuesday, September 3 — Summit High School
- Wednesday, September 4 — Timberview High School
- Thursday, September 5 — Legacy High School
- Friday, September 6 — Mansfield High School
These dates are also for students who are new to MISD.
The freshman dates are subject to change. If students are prepared, we’ll stay on schedule!
Here are those items to prepare:
- Handbook sign-off sheet complete. This is part of the online registration process. If you’ve completed online registration, you’ve signed this form. If you didn’t, you can get a paper copy of the form at http://edtech.mansfieldisd.org. It’s under the “Parent Resources: Forms” heading. Use of electronic processes is recommended, but the form is posted at that site for you if you must use paper. 🙂
- iPad User Agreement complete. This form is available through online registration. It is also available in paper form at http://edtech.mansfieldisd.org. It’s under the “Parent Resources: Forms” heading. Use of electronic processes is recommended, but the form is posted at that site for you if you must use paper. 🙂
- Deposit paid, if applicable. Students who did not participate in the program last year need to pay a deposit. It’s $50. Students who participate in the Free and Reduced Lunch Program qualify for a reduced deposit of $10 and $25, respectively. We encourage parents to use RevTrak (http://mansfieldisd.revtrak.net/) to pay the deposit. iPad-related fines must also be paid before getting a device this year.
- Paper documents and payments (checks) can be sent to the campus bookkeeper. Checks should be made out to the campus. Use of electronic processes is recommended.
- Students need to know their iTunes account information – usernames and passwords. Students who have not participated in the program before need to set up these accounts. Directions are posted under “Student Resources” at http://edtech.mansfieldisd.org. These passwords cannot be reset by MISD technicians. The primary causes of delays during deployments are students not having accounts and/or not knowing their passwords.
- Students need to know their MISD account information – usernames and passwords. The accounts have been set up for all MISD students already. These can be reset by MISD technicians. Students may contact their campus iTechs for assistance with password resets.
Once the dates for freshmen are complete, make-up days will begin for students who did not pick up their iPads during schedule pickup. We project that this will begin on September 9. We estimate 3-5 days per campus. This will be the sequence:
- Timberview High School
- Mansfield High School
- Summit High School
- Legacy High School
- Lake Ridge High School
Please ask them!